Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Aluminum revealed

Since we are officially heading home and are off the Alaska Hwy  and in Edmonton heading to Saskatoon Mark decided to remove the coverings of the camper that made it look like an aluminum armadillo.  First off, take a look at how badly the coverings were messed up by the bad roads...


All those pockmarks are stones that slapped into us.  Anyhow, Mark gently undid all the gorilla and 100 mph tape to reveal mainly dirt that could easily be washed and buffed away.





It worked!

1 comments:

adolfo_isassi said...

Hi guys!
When we arrived at Fairbanks AK, our Airstream already had at least 3 bad pokemarks, and a bunch of tiny minor ones.

So, on our way back, I decided to put some protection, but I don't think that I did as good a job as Mark.

Tell him that he should post his procedure on Airforums, it is the right way to do it. I used pieces of rug, and the results are sort of OK, but not great. The wind keeps messing them up.

I am glad we crossed paths in the Alcan. I learned a ton form Mark, and we enjoined our time together in Liard Springs.

Post a Comment